Terms and Conditions for Print & Copy Bureau (PCB)
By placing an order with us you agree to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any order at our discretion.
1. If the original artwork image is not of sufficient quality we cannot guarantee a good print reproduction and will not accept any liability for poor quality printing arising from poor quality images. If this is the case you will be notified during the processing of your order if the image will be unsuitable.
2. 'Bleed' is an essential part of creating artwork for print. Professional designers will always extend (or 'bleed') background elements and images beyond the edges of the document by an additional 3mm. This prevents unwanted white borders around the edges of a printed document. Artwork supplied without bleed will be printed with a white border and PCB cannot be held responsible for any rework resulting from the omission of bleed on supplied artwork.
3. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that submitted artwork is formatted correctly. We cannot be held for responsible for any spelling, grammar, typos and/or any other errors on supplied artwork.
4. The system automatically generates a low resolution `proof` for you to approve. Once the proof is accepted, you are agreeing that the proof is correct and we are authorised to proceed.
5. In certain cases proofs may be submitted by PCB for customer approval. PCB shall incur no liability for any errors in proofs so submitted. Customer alterations and additional proofs necessitated may be charged extra.
6. PCB accepts no responsibility and accepts no liability for materials that are prohibited by law. We will not review any material to make sure it is in accordance with lawful practices.
7. The customer will indemnify PCB from any loss, expense, and damages arising out of violation of copyright or trademark laws from the illegal use of images, photographs, slogans, trademarks, or graphical work supplied and approved by the customer.
8. Unless specified, PCB’s express printing service will supply goods within 24 hours during University opening hours. PCB will not be held liable for any financial loss arising out of a late delivery.
9. All sales are final, unless otherwise noted. After an order has been approved the customer is responsible for paying the entire amount of that order. In some cases, a refund may be extended to the customer if no work has been completed by PCB for that order. In such cases, the customer will be charged a cancellation fee.
10. PCB reserves the right to contact any customer via phone or e-mail regarding orders placed to verify the validity of an order.
11. Cancellations or alterations to your order:
Please make sure that we receive any changes to your order within 1 hour of your order being placed. We have the right to refuse cancellation requests received after this time.
12. Return Policy:
All our printed products are 'print on demand', ie. they are printed to order for each individual customer.
If you send us a 'ready to print' document then we will print it as it is without any alterations. We check all orders before they are despatched, but if you find that there is any fault with your order due to damage, please return the faulty goods and we will reprint them at no charge.